By Eliana Barriga
Publisher and Managing Editor for The Retail Observer
“Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs since the payment is pure love.” – Mildred B. Vermont
Mothers might not get enough kudos these days, yet their ever-present nature in our lives make it far too easy to take them for granted. It’s important to take a moment to remember all the things our mothers have done for us over the years — the impact they have made not only in our own lives, but in the lives of others as well. A mother’s loving dedication makes the world a better place, one child at a time. Now that’s pretty damn awe-inspiring when you think about it!
I’d like to share a few inspired thoughts from Omer B. Washington’s writing "I’ve Learned", as he touches on a few of the important things in life, many of which our mothers taught us.
• It's not what you have in your life, but whom you have in your life that counts.
• That even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you, you
will find the strength to help.
• That two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.
• Our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are
responsible for who we become.
• We don’t have to change friends if we understand that friends change.
• Either you control your attitude or it controls you.
• We are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.
• I've learned that your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don’t even
• You should never ruin an apology with an excuse.
• It takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it.
• People will forget what you said, and people will forget what you did, but people will never
forget how you made them feel.
So, in the spirit of Mother’s Day, I wish all the mothers in the world a day full of happiness and joy. In appreciation of the job they do, the sacrifices they make, and most of all, the love they give. Enjoy this wonderful day dedicated to the celebration of each and every one of you, as every mother deserves the best.
Much love to mothers everywhere!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.