Publisher and Managing Editor for The Retail Observer
• Give Up The Short-Term Mindset — Successful people set long-term goals, and they know they need to develop short-term daily habits. They shouldn’t be something you do; they should be something you embody.
• Give Up Playing Small — If you never take great opportunities or allow your dreams to become realities, you will never unleash your true potential. “Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you.” – Marianne Williamson.
• Give Up Your Excuses — It’s not about the cards you’re dealt, but how you play the hand. Successful people know that they are responsible for their life; no matter their starting point, weaknesses, or past failures. Own your life; no one else will.
• Give Up The Fixed Mindset — People think their intelligence or talents alone creates success — without effort. They’re wrong. Successful people know this and invest an immense amount of time on a daily basis to develop a ‘growth mindset’ to benefit their lives.
• Give Up Your Perfectionism — Fear of failure (or even fear of success) often prevents us from taking action and putting our creation out there in the world. But a lot of opportunities will be lost if we wait for everything to be perfect.
• Give Up The Toxic People in Your Life — Take a look at around you and see if you need to make any changes. Make sure the people you spend the most time with are enriching your life. “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” – Jim Rohn.
Cvijetic states, “Life isn’t always easy, especially if your heart yearns to be doing things differently. It may seem hard at first to take the plunge–committing to being the greatest version of you; truly living your life how you envision it, will be the best decision you will ever make.”
Time to start subtracting!