Publisher and Managing Editor for The Retail Observer
In the spirit of Mother’s Day, here are a few tried and true life lessons from Omer B. Washington that I hope will inspire you to remember some of the important things in life.
• It takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it.
• It’s not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts.
• You should never ruin an apology with an excuse.
• We are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.
• Either you control your attitude or it controls you.
• We don’t have to change friends if we understand friends change.
• You shouldn’t be so eager to nd out a secret. It could change your life
• Just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to
doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.
• Our background and circumstances may have in uenced who we are,
but we are responsible for who we become.
• Two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally
• People will forget what you said, and people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.
To mothers everywhere,