LOVE YOUR BUSINESS AGAIN
By Eliana Barriga
Publisher and Managing Editor for The Retail Observer
Do you remember the day you received your business license, found the perfect location for your retail store or the rst time you opened your doors to the public?
If you were anything like me, you sprung out of bed that morning full of energy, excitement and high expectations. Those feelings propelled you through the dreaded first year of running a business. But somewhere along the way, maybe it was year 5 or 10 or 20, those feelings fizzled. Your business has now become a monotonous routine of day to day tasks and weekly processes that you could probably do in your sleep. And without that spark it may be hard to build up the momentum to upgrade your show floor, redesign that outdated website, try out new promotional ideas or add the latest product lines.
Today, customers expect to be blown away during their shopping experience. So it’s important, now more than ever, for you to take the time to renew the spark you once had for your business and this time keep the love alive.
Here are some ideas to get you started from Entrepreneur, How to Rekindle Your Flame for Your Business and American Express, How to Get Your Passion Back:
• Think back until you’ve unearthed your initial motivation for starting your business.
• Assessandupdateyourbusinessgoalssotheyarechallengingandmeetthe needs that matter to you the most today.
• Re-liveatypicaldaytomakesureyouarespendingtimedoingmoreofwhat you love and less of what you hate.
• Makethefamiliarstrangeagainbypushingyourselfoutofyourcomfortzone, taking on new tasks or moving your desk to a different location.
• Createamoremeaningfulexperienceatworkwithactivitiesthatengageyour employees and make the work environment more interesting.
Bring back the Love,
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.