By Moe Lastfogel
Director of Sales and Marketing for The Retail Observer
Think about marketing your business as a whole
Holistic marketing is a marketing strategy developed by thinking about the business as a whole. When using a holistic marketing strategy, every aspect of the business must be carefully considered. The company must think about how a consumer will interact with its product, its website, its advertising materials, and everything else.
WHAT IS HOLISTIC MARKETING?
Let’s say you are in the business of selling bread. Do you market the benefits of the whole loaf, or the benefits of the slice?
• If you market a slice, what affect does that have on the whole loaf?
• Do your clients and customers want a loaf or just a slice or two?
• How do you know who your clients are?
• How do you know what your clients want?
• Where will you find your ideal clients and customers?
• What is your loaf made from?
• What else can you make from the same ingredients to benefit your clients and customers?
• How do you know that your clients and customers would not benefit from other products?
Not only do you need to communicate with your clients and customers, you need to do so in a way that can benefit them, you and your business.
By sending your clients, customers and prospects valuable and useful information via email marketing, web, social media, radio, TV or direct mail you can keep them updated and informed about a wide range of events happening in your business.
Although this type of marketing is not a cheap option for some businesses, you can take a look at various marketing groups, local PR companies or even your local college business students to see what they can do to help you get the word out.
The more information you acquire to help you understand how to communicate with your clients and customers, the more you will improve your holistic marketing efforts.